Not your average Canadian fintech
ASAPP Financial Technology Inc. and the ASAPP OXP | Omnichannel Experience Platform wasn’t born overnight. It’s the result of two decades of experience working with credit unions across Canada. Our company was originally founded in March 2001 as Lucidia, a pure-play web development shop in Sault Ste. Marie. Over the years, we grew to become Northern Ontario’s largest full-service, results-driven marketing agency, and in 2010 we opened a second office in Toronto.
As we worked closely with credit unions over many years, we identified a common issue: while they were great with member relationships, they required technology support to meet the demands of the modern consumer. More specifically, there was a need to move to frictionless, anytime, anywhere, any device access to financial products, services and tools. The benefits of this model were clear to us – more members, more loans, more deposits, greater engagement and member satisfaction and, ultimately, a greater ROI for our Client-Partners.
In the Fall of 2013, we worked closely with DUCA Financial Services Credit Union, supporting their rebranding and product strategy. Concurrently, we were presented a challenge to build a custom account origination solution that would allow DUCA to open accounts without a member stepping-foot inside a branch. From this engagement, SNAPP, a custom AOS solution was born in January 2014. It made an immediate impact, enrolling a record number of new members upon launch.
“Our platform is the glue that connects your members, digital and core banking systems and credit union team.”
- JR Pierman, President & CEO
In time, we improved upon on SNAPP and added new functionality. Our experience building SNAPP for DUCA, and later configuring it for Alterna, helped us to gain better insight around the need to create a holistic omnichannel experience platform that would act as the glue between members, digital banking, core banking and credit union teams.
In November 2014, after months of internal planning, UX design and development effort, we completed ASAPP version 1.0. Our platform took further shape as it was refined in conjunction with our strategic partnership with Northern Credit Union and implemented in October 2015. In the Spring of 2016, the ASAPP brand was officially launched at the CCUA National Conference in Saskatoon. Since then, we've expanded platform functionality, supported many credit-union-directed product enhancements and established ourselves as a leader in omnichannel account and lending origination in Canada.
As we enter 2021, the ASAPP OXP | Omnichannel Experience Platform vision will be fully realized with the addition of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Analytics feature sets, incorporated through the ASAPP OXP Team Portal™. This platform expansion will further cement ASAPP’s position as Canada’s most complete omnichannel experience platform and support our mission to help credit unions compete effectively against direct-to-consumer fintech solutions.
As we support our Client-Partners digital transformation objectives, we leverage our own experience around how profoundly our own company has transformed over the years. Today, the formerly separate ASAPP and Lucidia internal groups have come together as a single ASAPP OXP team, offering an easy to-implement Software Platform and ROI-driven marketing solutions through our Platform Strategies.
The Evolution of ASAPP OXP
- Lucidia Studios Ltd. is incorporated in March 2001 as a web development shop in Sault Ste. Marie. Little did we know, this would lead to the creation of ASAPP OXP many years later.
- Over the years, Lucidia Studios Ltd. evolved into Lucidia Ltd., a full-service marketing agency with offices in Sault Ste. Marie and Toronto.
- Typical services included brand building, product strategy and awareness campaigns, contests, social media, member onboarding, financial literacy programs, loyalty programs, digital videos, radio, television, and out-of-home (traditional) advertising, point-of-sale materials, website development and operational consulting.
- Some of our credit union Client-Partners included: Northern Credit Union, Meridian Credit Union, DUCA Financial Services Credit Union, Unity Savings Credit Union, Community First Credit Union and Credit Unions of Ontario.
- In 2013, we recognized the potential for an online / mobile account opening solution and began UX design work in the AOS space for credit union Client-Partners.
- In January 2014, we launched SNAPP 1.0 with DUCA, our first foray into omnichannel account origination.
- In March 2014, we launched SNAPP 2.0 with DUCA, the first fully responsive online account opening solution for any credit union in Canada.
- From 2014-2015, we implemented and configured SNAPP for Alterna Savings and Credit Union and integrated SNAPP with their Wealthview Core Banking System. We also integrated SNAPP at DUCA with Smart Solutions’ Universa Core Banking System.
- In 2020, we supported DUCA as they converted from SNAPP to license and implement ASAPP in conjunction with their DNA core banking system launch.
- In October 2015, we launched ASAPP’s Retail AOS module for Northern Credit Union.
- In February 2016, we launched ASAPP’s Business AOS and LOS modules for Northern Credit Union (NCU), becoming the first fully responsive, fully online account opening solution for small business for any financial institution in Canada. This won NCU the CCUA Innovation Award in combination with their Small Business Rocks marketing program developed by our team.
- In April/May 2016, we launched the ASAPP brand at the Central 1 Conference in Toronto and the CCUA National Conference in Saskatoon.
- In July 2016, we launched ASAPP’s Retail LOS module for Northern Credit Union.
- In April 2017, we launched DNA API Integration, the first fully responsive hosted account opening solution in Canada integrated with Fiserv’s DNA core banking software.
- In August 2018, we launched omnichannel lending insurance integration with Valeyo.
- In September 2019, we launched omnichannel lending insurance integration with CUMIS.
- In December 2020, we will launch ASAPP 11.0, with many new AOS and LOS features including new identity authentication features, an improved UX and a brand-new business AOS/LOS user interface design.
To see future enhancements that we have in the pipeline, visit our ASAPP OXP Roadmap.